Wire Fraud and email hacking/phishing are on the rise and are real threats!
You must act diligently to protect yourself from becoming a victim of fraud.
For your security, please review the following items to help ensure the safe transfer of funds.
- The most common attempts to divert funds are an email that appears to be coming from the settlement agent informing you how to wire funds, or alerting you of a change to the wiring instructions. Note! We will never email you regarding wiring funds!
- They snip or simulate signatures and logos to make the email look authentic.
- This is not a real email and was not originated by FNTE and It is very possible your email account has been hacked.
- If you receive such an email you may want to consider changing your email password.
- DO NOT RESPOND TO OR FORWARD ANY EMAIL ASKING YOU TO CHANGE WHERE FUNDS ARE WIRED
- Before sending any wire call us to verify the instructions at 401-847-3080
- Use only verified wire instructions to send any funds.
- Educate yourself about consumer fraud by visiting the CFPB website https://www.consumerfinance.gov/consumer-tools/fraud/
FNTE is not responsible for wire fraud or the loss of funds resulting from altered wiring instructions or instructions from a non FNTE email account.